Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Yorkshire Yarns Grand Re-Opening and Monday Night Knitting at Bayview Thriftway

I'm sorry to say that I completely forgot to take pictures of Sonya's new shop. Yes. Crap, indeed. I did, however, take pictures of the lovely lovely yarn that I bought there. Pictured above is one divine ball of Yarn Place Graceful Lace. Gorgeous stuff. I can't wait to knit it and, knowing me, I probably won't wait. I also bought
3 skeins of Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool for mittens (what else with those obnoxious new colors?),
a skein of Hazel Knits Artisan Sock for Mutti,
and a skein of Cobblestone by Fibra Natura. I love this yarn. It's looks like hand spun, it feels like hand spun, but it isn't.

Her new shop is so much larger than the old place. She moved from 900 sq. ft. to 3000 sq. ft. Woo! And guess what? She's going to start carrying spinning supplies! Swoon!! That'll give me two brick and mortar places to buy wool from: YY and The Allyn Knit and Spin Shop. The new Yorkshire Yarns is located on 100th St in Lakewood. If you're coming from Olympia you can take I-5 to exit 124 to Gravelly Lane (drive? rd? Gravelly something.). Keep right and follow that past Clover Park HS and the Shibori Dragon Shop. It's right near the Ram restaurant. Easy to find. Plenty of parking, too. She has comfy seating, great lighting, and good music. Not to mention spectacular yarn! Congrats, Sonya!
***
While I was at YY I saw Margit and David from Monday Night Knitting at Canvas Works. They told me that the usual group was meeting at Bayview Thriftway so of course I went. Margit is a kick in the pants, as well as an excellent knitter and figure skater. That's her pictured above, being scary for the camera.
It was great to see all the knitters I haven't seen for a while. This is Jack helping Marianne with a baby hat. Sitting next to him is his wife, Pam. I've been trying to save up for a new wheel so I can sell my Ashford to Pam, but there are lots of factors working against me. Mainly, the government, but not in a conspiracy, cover-it-up sort of way. Mainly in a must-pay-my-bills way.
And this is Angela, Soap-maker Extraordinaire, IT Guru, and one of my favoritest peoples. She's going to trade me soap for yarn. Yay! Hopefully we'll get together to make soap again soon.

As well as finishing some knitting and spindling at Bayview, I also finished a delicious ice cream cone. They have the best ice cream there. Go try it. Yum!!

One more thing: I'm sure I told you that DJ is pregnant, but I didn't realize how far along she was. 23 weeks! I have to start knitting baby stuff right now.

And with that, I leave you with this view from Percival Landing. Goodnight!

p.s. I only have the second sleeve and the collar to knit on Julep. I'll be wearing it by Friday.

3 comments:

allisonmariecat said...

Oh, nice! Looks like a lovely time. I wasn't going to say anything about the loud Silky Wool, so I'm relieved you told me it was for mittens :) I bet it makes nice, warm mittens. Oh, who am I kidding? I'm a Silky Wool addict and think it makes a nice whatever.

Ah, the government interfering with your spinning progress...ridiculous :)

Yay, Julep! Can't wait.

turtlegirl76 said...

That laceweight is just gorgeous.

Chris said...

Wow, that is some gorgeous yarn!