Wednesday, June 24, 2009

We bees moving

This is the scene in our house this week. Mutti and I are moving to an apartment down the street. Our rental house costs too much and they don't do a lick of work around the place. Pooh-pooh to them. The apartment is very nice; three bedrooms and two bathrooms. An open kitchen (none of that awful galley business), and the typical closet set-up for washer and dryer. I'll post pictures when we move in, of course. One of the managers who works at the apartment complex is a crochetting Irish Bostonian. We were sold. Or rented, at least.
There has been knitting, but not a lot. I'm mainly working on Julep and FLS. The body of the FLS is almost done. Julep would be done if I can ever get a minute to sit down and finish the sideways garter stitch collar - 4 sts, back and forth, knitted on. Mindless, all-time consuming. Did I mention that we were watching Toby this month? My sister and BIL are busy getting their house fixed up so they, too, can move. Instead of down the street they're moving to Colorado. Much sadness, but it'll give me a reason to travel.
I'm exhausted right now so I'll distract you with some bee pictures while I slip away to pack boxes/ have a cup of tea/ sneak outside to knit. This bee was on our Salvia last week being as busy as a you-know-what. She even climbed on our hands. Very contented. She must have been receiving the bee love we were sending her. Bzzz!
If you want more bee love go see Pinneguri's Socks Bumblebee. Sweet!

3 comments:

Chris said...

May the move go well! Sounds like a much better space to live.

Batty said...

Good luck with the move! At least it isn't far...

Lynda said...

Such nice bee pictures!