Sunday, June 14, 2009

Knit in Public: If you've got it, flaunt it.

Yesterday definitely qualified as fun in the sun. It was so great to be around people who didn't look at me as though I belonged in a loony bin when I talked about smelling wool. There were door prizes, or rather, gazebo prizes, vendors, classes, and many wonderful knitters. Mah knitties!
I was kept very entertained between taking pictures of Tina,

meeting knitters,
learning about art felt (although I admitted that I'd use the pencil roving for spinning instead),
seeing Sonya again (she's re-opening her shop tomorrow!),
listening to Lois of Allyn Knit Shop announce numbers for the prizes with plenty of encouragement from knitters all around,
and watching lots of knitters do their thing - knit, talk, laugh.
I taught Mom how to start socks from the toe up using the Figure 8 cast on, but she was too tired to start them even though she thought the cast on was fun.
I bought some wool, of course. I don't know why I always end up buying roving instead of yarn at knitterly get-togethers. Maybe to make it last longer?
8 delicious ounces of Targhee by Mountain Colors. Lovely wool that reminds me of Cormo with just the right amount of lanolin left in. I'm thinking cabled vest. Also, 100g of Zitron pencil roving (rainbow) and Skacel Schoppel Wolle (brown) for sock yarn! I've been wanting to try this pencil roving for a while and I finally caved. It wasn't really caving. Completely voluntary on my part. No pushing needed.
I can't wait until tomorrow: we're going up to Lakewood to visit Sonya in her new shop. More yarn to come!

As happens at these knitting deals, not much progress was made on my knitting. I did finish the body edging on Julep and knit a repeat on my FLS. I'm going to try and finish one of the sleeves for Julep on the bus today.

2 comments:

allisonmariecat said...

Fun day!

Oh, yay, more fiber - I know that means I get to see you spinning and dyeing soon, which is great fun for me!

turtlegirl76 said...

lol I hardly knit at our KiP day. Spinning was the order of the day! it felt great. Love the pencil roving you picked up.