Thursday, June 11, 2009

Cashmere included

I've mainly been working on two knitting projects (although that's going to change soon): Julep and the February Lady Sweater. The body of Julep is almost done. I'm just knitting the sideways garter stitch edge which is taking much longer than anticipated. Great bus knitting. I've had the lace pattern for the FLS memorized for a while now. Also great bus knitting. Wonder why I'm only working on these two projects? Yup.
***
In payment for machine washing my not machine washable socks Mutti has given me a skein of Jade Sapphire Cashmere. She is now forbidden to wash my clothes which I'm not really sure why she was washing in the first place because I'm pretty capable of doing my own laundry. Hm. Anyway, I'm now the happy owner of a yummy skein of cashmere. I dyed it a subtly variegated green and I'm going to use it to knit a smaller version of the Bleeding Hearts Stole by Anne Hanson. Yes, another lace project. They'll all get done, eventually.
Say hello to my new flash drive. It's the one Adrian posted a little while ago. It was such a yoink jerk move, but I had to have it. Now it holds all my pictures and a back up of my music. Now that I've deleted my thousands of photos the computer runs much faster.
Plus, you have to love how it looks like it's getting it's brains sucked out when plugged in.

2 comments:

allisonmariecat said...

I've thought about the Jade Sapphire Cashmere...how is it? Lovely and lush and soft? Mmmm. Might almost be worth the loss of the socks...

LOVE the flash drive--hilarious!

turtlegirl76 said...

I don't know what's cooler. The flash drive or the cashmere! I want both!