Friday, May 29, 2009

Noms and knitting

Finally! Pictures of my February Lady Sweater. I started it on the 22nd and I'm speeding my way down the body. What quick and fun knitting! The pattern is a breeze - complicated enough to keep me entertained and easy enough that I don't need a pattern or a bottle of aspirin vodka. I couldn't help but combine pictures of the raspberry cake I made today with the sweater. What a match they make. The yarn is Knit Picks Wool of the Andes that I dyed a few months ago.
The recipe is from the latest issue of Gourmet - one of their quick recipes that I love so much. MMMM - it's so good. Go get an issue and make it. NOM! Took me about 10 minutes to throw together and half an hour to bake. Voila!
Jealous yet?

Mmmmmmmmmm.

In other news: spinning!
Fiber: BMFA Jabberwocky Mulberry Silk and Superwash Merino
Single spun striped and navajo plied
light fingering weight
377 yds/ 1.8 oz/ 49 g
...and I still have a few ounces to spin - yay!
This definitely qualifies as comfort spinning. I love silk and merino blends. They're heaven on the hands. The colors in the roving look very jewel-toned, but when you see the yarn from a distance it looks like autumnal colors. Wonderful either way.
The sweet peas we planted last year decided to grow this year. There are two that are growing quite fast. I borrowed a bird feeder used for peanuts to stop the peas from growing in between the siding on the house and it seems to be working. I hope the squirrels and birds don't want their peanuts any time soon.

4 comments:

Chris said...

Wait, what yarn are you using for your FLS?

turtlegirl76 said...

Mmm....cake.

allisonmariecat said...

Oooooooh, cake...raspberry cake...What's that you were saying? Oh, yes! Knitting! I love the colors of your February Lady. I've been eyeing that pattern, but I don't think I have yarn on hand to make it, and I'm trying to mostly knit from stash.

Your spinning is just amazing!!!

Peas! Why didn't I think of planting peas? Next year...

Stefaneener said...

The cake looks GREAT.

And I'm jealous of your spinning time!! I probably just need to do it, rather than all the other stuff I'm frittering. So beautiful.