Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Knitting for me and by me

Vortex!
On the morning of the 28th I bought two skeins of Noro (greens and naturals) and by that same afternoon I had my new favorite hat. I don't have any modeled pictures because I'm too busy wearing it. Does that make sense or what? There are more pictures up on Ravelry.

My socks are coming along. I have two vanilla pairs going on now. One pair toe-up and one pair cuff-down. Cascade Sassy Stripes is the green/yellow/orange/blue and the red/orange/white/brown is Opal wool and bamboo. Pretty sure it's Opal. Both socks will have afterthought heels so the stripe pattern stays pristine.
One Delft mitten is almost done. Just have to finish the thumb and I'll have to cast on for the second. I kinda made the chart up as I went along, but it's been fun to knit. See the palm here.
I've been knitting a few rows on my 3 and 1 sweater here and there. Right now it hits me at mid-waist. I'll start increasing for hips soon. I will definitely have to buy more yarn for the sleeves. Can't wait for this to be done so I can wear it, but by the time I finish it I doubt I'll need a sweater. I have a good idea for a sweater on paper, or rather, going on paper. Tank top, linen or silk, lace, interesting construction. Lots of fun and not taking up any knitting time at all, nope.

1 comment:

allisonmariecat said...

Vortex is awesome! I don't think I've ever seen natural Noro colors...really pretty.

Nice socks! How is bamboo on the feet? I haven't branched out to bamboo for feet yet. I have got to learn the afterthought heel sometime.

Delft is awesome. Really gorgeous. And the sweater is beautiful! Your colorwork is always so perfect.