Sunday, January 11, 2009

Back from la-la-land

I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while. Have a flower.
I've been spinning. This is 4 oz of Shetland wool dyed and spun for a pair of mittens. Probably Fiddleheads. Maybe. I have one more ounce of color to spin: pink. Like bubblegum. Or pepto bismol.
These Selbu mittens have gone through two more transformations and have moved from Mutti's WIP pile to mine. The image near the live stitches is a spinning wheel. Fitting, no? See that little braid right after the cuff? That's a kihnu vits from Nancy Bush's book Estonian Knitting. I'm in love with braids and twists on mittens.

DJ sent me a skein of Blue Sky Alpacas Suri Merino. Love it. I'm turning it into a cowl with a traveling leaf pattern from Barbara Walker's first treasury.
I started another pair of mittens. Yes. I have a problem. This is a pattern I designed and have decided to call Delft mainly because whenever I think of Delft I think of water and the colors in this yarn remind me of the shadows on water and riverbank mud. Slap me if I get too poetic. More braids to come on this mitten.
I'll elaborate more later. Goodnight, for now.


2 comments:

turtlegirl76 said...

Good to see you back and bitten by the color bug!

allisonmariecat said...

Yay, you're back! And with pretty, pretty colors everywhere! All your projects are so gorgeous and creative...makes my stockinette sweater tube seem pretty dull :)