Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Color kittens unite!

Cristi left a comment on my last post which was exactly right. I have been bitten by the color bug. Lately I've been choosing yarn and fiber based solely on it's color. For example, I recently bought two skeins of Manos del Uruguay in this spicy colorway. I'm not usually a Manos fan, but these colors call to me. They've been calling to me, from that same shelf in Canvas Works, for about two years. Every time I walked into Canvas Works I'd be drawn to this shelf, pick up the skeins, and hold them for a few moments. I finally caved and bought them. I'm not knitting anything fancy; just a triangular one-row scarf. CO 3 sts, sl the 1st st, k to the last st, k1 in the front and back. Repeat this row every row until the scarf is as large as you desire. Perfect mindless knitting. Worked on US 10.5 needles.

I haven't picked up any project that has a dull color. As a matter of fact, I don't think I even have anything dull on the needles. Maybe it's because winter is still clinging (although the weather is considerably warmer) and the sky is still grey.

Kami also enjoys bright colors. I bought her two toys from Mud Bay Granary (a granola-y pet supply shop). One is a not-so-bright teal and one is bright pink. Guess which one she likes better?
Absolutely.


My posts may be shorter than usual, but I will try to post more often. I've made a little progress on my Delft mitten, but don't want to take another picture until I have more of the palm done.

I almost forgot- I got 24 balls of Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in White for Heroine. I'll be knitting the sweater, dyeing it, then fulling it. Should be interesting. Not sure how I feel about knitting with US 13 needles though.

1 comment:

allisonmariecat said...

Ooh, ooh! I can't wait to see Heroine! Gorgeous. So you're going to dye after knitting? You have color plans yet? I'm not sure I can tackle anything that big, but I love it.

Yay for frequent posts!