Friday, December 08, 2017

Blast from the past

As you can see, this blog has undergone a little change. It used to be called Crash Test Dummies, but I've changed it to reflect my business name, PlyCurious, to make it easier for people to find. I haven't blogged in a long time and I probably won't post more than once or twice a month now that I've started this up again, but we'll see how things go. Starting this blog up happened when I simply regained access to it in order to remove a few pattern posts since those patterns are now modified and for sale on Ravelry. Pattern design has been my new focus for a while now, but I'm not a super fast knitter and I have a ton of responsibility lately what with a very high energy working dog and a disabled mother who I act as Caretaker for.
Hydrangea Hat crown detail

The designs I'm working on right now make for good holiday gifts since they're smaller accessories. Everything has been test knit by knitters of varying skill levels to make sure they're approachable and easy for all. You can now follow the pattern links on the sidebar and be redirected to that pattern page on Ravelry. I'll be posting new patterns as soon as my old patterns are updated. As of right now I'm editing my Ribbed Armwarmers, now under the name Slink, and my Super Simple Wristers. 
My Grandma's Mitten pattern underwent a serious edit and is now known as Grandma's Kickass Mittens. I've reworked the numbers and added a neat mitten flap option which is simple once you understand slip stitches and double knitting and has the added advantage of being much more durable than other mitten flap ideas I've tried. There may be a video tutorial of the mitten flap being worked and separated for those that have trouble with it, but I'm still debating that because I haven't seen any other mitten flaps worked this way and I don't want to give my technique away for free. Maybe a video in exchange for a small dollar amount such as the author of the Fish Lips Kiss Heel offers? We shall see. 
Slink in progress
Slink is knit using a single luxurious skein of Yaksi by Blue Moon Fiber Arts, colorway: Sea Spots. All of my patterns edits and patterns to come are being worked using yarns from artists that I adore such as Blue Moon Fiber Arts, Tempting Ewe Yarns, Fibretown Handspun, Dragonfly Fibers, and many more. 

Just keep knitting!





No comments: